To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, April 17, 2009

Am I actually Moving Forward?

Friday

Ran 30 slow slow slow minutes in the morning. Wondered several times, Am I actually moving forward? Walked Amber afterward.

Saturday

I met Dimitri over at Saratoga track. We warmed up for 20 minutes, did some striders and then ran a 800 meter trial. I kept my eyes off the stop watch and stayed right behind the D man and kept focused. Dimitri slowed at the end of the first lap, more of a hesitation really, and said something about the pace being too fast. I told him not to worry about it and keep the tempo up.

We crossed in 3:09 and change. A big improvement over last week. Good progress. I felt the same as last week when I ran 3:21. I know it won't continue in gulps like this but I can begin to see 3:00 flat and that eventually leads to 4:30 for 1200.

After the 800, we jogged down for 10-11 minutes and then went to breakfast.

Sunday


The weather is heating up. Summer sending it's warning. The drums beating. I ran 60 minutes with a 4-1 run-walk ratio to keep things easy. I walked Amber prior to the run and gave myself an easy 20 minute leg stretching.

The rules are different for old runners.

There is no forcing it. Any movement forward is valuable. Recovery is vital.

No comments: