To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sore legs and recovery

I ran both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday's 60 minutes was a study in sore legs and my constantly stopping for the littlest excuse. Adjusting my cap, retying my shoelaces. You name it and I stopped for that reason. About mid run I began to feel relatively decent and from then on the effort wasn't too bad. Obviously, I was still recovering from Thursday's triumph of will.

Sunday was a relatively normal run. I was still slightly sore-legged but felt much better. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being much better, I would say I was a 7. I ran an easy 45 minutes and finished up with 6 x 20 second strider's on the street in front on my house.

I know this was a five-day run week. It will be interesting to see how I recover over the next week.

I am beginning to think about how fast I can get. This is dangerous, no?

This is the back of the pack at Zippy's 5K run today up in Golden Gate Park.
This may have been where I would have found myself had I raced today.
DSC00926 by tsoconnor.

No comments: