To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sun's Back....70 easy minutes

Back to Forbes Mill. The "weather" has cleared out and it was sunny and cool (but not cold).

I had done an 8 minute shakedown at home and then ran another 62 minutes going up and down the dam trail with Jake. 70 minutes total. Legs felt OK. Glad I didn't have to bash a loop today. Jake wanted to run slow and I was glad to stick with him. First loop in 27 and change. Second in 25 and change. Mostly we caught up on Jake's high school team and discussed my chances of going under 19 minutes for one up and back. Jake recommended that I sneak up on it. As we age it is harder to run hard. But some do it. I have club full of guys who can still push the envelope. Whether I ever can again is another issue but I know last Thursday certainly replicated the feeling of running hard.

So what's working?

  • No work stress.
  • I am mostly running within my limits.
  • No speedwork except some strides once a week.
  • Mostly every other day running or about 4 days a week. I am playing with the idea of five days a week if I continue to get stronger but am not wedded to it.
  • I don't run anything that doesn't make sense to me. I am through fooling myself.
  • PR's these days are defined as beating what I did the year before.
To top this off I have an awareness that things can change in an instant. Injury, illness. Whatever. You have to roll with it and then rebuild. It goes with the territory.

No comments: