To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, July 31, 2011

4 x 200

I did a 15 minute easy shakedown run this morning around the neighborhood, as usual. Then drove to Foothill College to meet D. The parking lot was full of cars. There was a cycling event going on and as a result parking from free. The nice thing was the track was as semi-deserted as always. The 72 year old race walker was there pounding out an 8K time trial. He is one tough mother....


I warmed up for another 15 minutes and then launched a few striders to get ready for my main workout. The menu called for 4 x 200 faster than goal pace. I ran the first one in 38 and as usual sucked wind afterward. The second one was 37 and I felt better at the finish. No sucking wind this time. The third one was another 38. I did let up a bit on the front 100 on that one. The last one was a strong 37 but it had me bent over at the finish.

I jogged down for 20 minutes partially with D who had finished his workout which was 1 x 600 and 1 x 500. Both were good times for him. Better than he has been running.

Had Mocha Frap light and a blueberry scone at Starbucks after the workout.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhBlQuhaJRuLcWEK-BCkq_9eq9yI0eFKAJ7G1TrtnsTlPpZ5moDqWeyC96lx-cWHyExwqQlGv3MNLYqFY8BaXOb8Dno9CSP4L3tFdUiBMNQmR6bJIwuEzwoWrPCY3IpBv2RaILVWw/s400/mocha_fraplight.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5uTl8P_QI5c/S368U02shOI/AAAAAAAAHQk/vUES-3B8AoE/s400/blueberry-scone.jpg

No comments: