To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, July 28, 2011

79 second 400

Ran 70 minutes this morning with 60 minutes of it in the company of my good buddy Danny. We went to the track mid run, did some strides and then we got on the line for a fast 400. I told Danny I was going to lead us through the first 200 in 41-42 and when we started I took off and pushed down the backstretch hitting the 200 in 41. I didn't want a replay of the slow first 200 of the week before. I told Danny to lead us in. He is simply faster than me in the sense of pure speed and I knew we would both do better if he took over. We clipped across the finish line in 79 which meant we had covered the last 200 in 38.

I worked on form over the last 100 because I had begun to feel a bit ragged but as soon as I focused on lifting my legs and driving my arms, I felt better. Turns out Danny was doing the same.

Afterward we had a discussion about how both us preferred negative splits and that we should train ourselves to run that way even though classic 800 meter runners often run the first lap 1-2 seconds faster than the last lap.

No comments: