To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, July 10, 2011

6 x 200

I ran the neighborhoods and over at Foothill College for a total of 25 minutes. It was all pitty-pat jogging. Some 72 year old guy who is a race walker was gaining on me as I circled the track.

But then I got down to business doing some strides and then launching into the 2011 version of a hard workout. My goal was to run 6 x 200 at 800 meter orgasmic pace.

I ran the first one in 38 and consciously backed off to the 39-40 range after that.  It's not that I could have run them at all 38 but I once again had to remind myself of the goal of the workout which was to run 6 or them at 40. I ended up running them in a 39 average and felt reasonable good doing just that.  My recovery was a 200 meter walk back.

I then I pitty patted another 22 minutes.

So maybe 60 minutes all together.
http://www.gpswatchesforrunners.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/animated-runner.gif

No comments: