To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turn City & 70 minutes

Hard to believe it's winter. 50's and 60's today. Tom, Danny and I ran our normal route at an easy pace.
With my home dump run that added up to 70 minutes.

I asked Danny to work with me on the track at the end. I needed help running the turns. I did a stride on the far turn where the 200 meter sprint would normally start. He picked out my problem right away and pointed it out. Tom saw it too. I was leaning my upper body into the turn while keeping my lower body straight. No wonder I was losing ground and stumbling.

Danny had me just run and pick up the tempo slightly as I entered the turn. Both he and Tom immediately noticed that my whole body was naturally leaning. It felt much better. My other technique cost me at least a second on Sunday's 500.

I was throwing off my center of gravity the old way. 

The lesson here was to stop reading articles on how to run the turns. The plain fact is that I am not running at speeds where I need to adjust.


Running the first turn at Hayward Field, Oregon

No comments: