To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, February 20, 2014

6 miles of various

Didn't run until midday but finally went out and got in a 50-55 minute run. Not exactly sure because during one brief stop, I forgot to start up my watch again plus I stopped to talk to our UPS Delivery guy briefly. He's also a good friend.  Anyway, had to kinda, sorta rely on watch time versus stopwatch time. I also walked a mile with Lucy beforehand. Somewhere in there I got six miles of various something. Can't complain about the weather. Cool, hazy and a slight wind. I carried my iPhone in case Sue needed to call me. I made the mistake of turning on the Nike running ap. My pace varied between 10-10:30 on the flats and low 9's on the downhill sections. This closing in on 69 years old is unforgiving. If I age grade it, it's a bit more sane but slow is still slow.

It's been almost 29 years years since I was at my best running-wise.
It's been almost 19 years since I decided to stop racing.
I doubt very much I'll be around for another 29 years or maybe even 19.
I'm not complaining. Enjoying each day as much as I can,

I still get to run 3 days a week. I can walk with our dog Lucy.


No comments: