To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006

41 days of rain

We have had 41 days of rain in the last 43 days. I think I spied an ark floating out in the bay the other afternoon.

Yesterday I ran 2 x 4 miles. One 4 miler in the morning before work and another after work. Bascially jog..jog..jog....It rained during both runs. Not a cold rain but rain nevertheless. It is dampening my interest in running.

In two days I race the 2.75 club run. I wonder silently about my ability to go fast. I have been training hard since January but since the 6 x 800's in 3:05, I have let up on speed work having run just one race-like effort. None of the time trials I promised myself.

Last year in June I bonked running an 18:29 which was the equivalent of a 20:55, 5K. I ran with Joe and Schmidt most of the way and then at the end they just pulled away from me over the last mile gaping me by 20 seconds. My 33:02 traingle (4.76) of a few weeks ago is worth a 20:40, 5K and I held back so I should be faster.

It doesn't have to be a race but I would like to be close. Under 18:20 would be nice. Maybe under 18:15. Eleven years ago I ran 16:24 as a fifty year old on this same course. The age graded equivalent is 18:08 at age 61. What a difference 11 years makes.

No comments: