To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Threshold Run

Today I went up to the club workout and warmed up with the leaders for 3 plus miles. I then strapped on my HRM and ran the 4.68 miler Farwell-Horseshoe in the 34:50's. I kept my HR at 80-85% throughout so in reality it wasn't even an AT run (90%). It was worth a low 37 minute 5 miler on the flats so all in all it wasn't too bad. It does tell me that my lactate threshold is not that good right now. The good news was that I felt good and right now, that is what I am looking for.

But for whatever reason I have declined from where I was 4 short weeks ago when I ran in the low 33's for the Triangle course. Based on that run I should have been able to run in the low 32's for the 4.68 course. I doubt very much that I could have done that today.

OK, work will get better in that there will be less of it and hopefully with less stress, I can begin to see some improvement. So patience is the BIG word for now.

No comments: