To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, April 22, 2006

61*

I turned 61 yesterday. Sue bought gave a new HRM for my birthday. Now I have an HRM with a stop watch built in. The numbers are smaller but I can read them.

I took it out for a test ride and ran ran my "long 5" in 42:30 at 130-140 HRM.

I didn't feel any older. I have been feeling old for years now.

It's been 11 months give or take since my 21:07 Zippy's 5K and tomorrow I got back again and run the same race. In one year of "training" I hammered my way down to a 20:40 equiavlent three weeks ago on a club course. I did interval workouts that said I was in 20 flat shape. But the reality is that my training has not worked out. I wanted 20 flat. I am nowhere near there yet.

  • I will need more miles on a weekly basis and be able to recover from it. This means using many of Dwight's recovery tecniques. I plan to gradually go up to 40 mpw and the see what comes next.
  • I will need a string of faster races.
  • I will continue to do intervals and add in AT runs but at Roy Benson pace not Daniels.
  • It's 1975 all over but with a 30 year older body.

No comments: