To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shoes

Since the demise of the Brooks Chariot, I have been running in the Adidas Supernova Classic. No feet or leg problems but not as much room as in the Chariot's toe box.

Then I bought a pair of Supernova's with EE width. They felt great when I slipped them on until I began to run in them. After one week I had sharp knee pain and hip soreness. I had been holding back one last pair of Chariots just in case and today I put them on and ran. One hour give or take and immediately (as in right from the first step) the pain was gone.

I have ordered two more pairs of the Supernova Classic's. D width. The Chariots will carry me alomg until I get the new shoes.

My best guess is that that the EE width allowed my foot too much motion movement and stressed my knee and hip. One thing I learbed many years ago: You can't force a shoe to work for you. It either does or doesn't. The EE's will make fine walking shoes.

No comments: