To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Betrayed

I ran around 6 miles in the morning from Forbes Mill. I am guess I am eating enough because my legs and body felt good. I went back out in the afternoon and ran another 3 miles with the club. Legs continued to feel good but my right ankle started bothering me. So what is that about. I drove up to see Tarr and had him adjust my legs just in case. I can still feel it though. Just like the calf injury. I find myself running around the backyard or in front of the house to see if I can "feel" it. But it's mostly hiding. I feel it afterwards. After the run. It's sneaky that way.

I will try to run Friday to test it out. I would hate to take more time off but if it's going to be a problem then I will not run for several weeks. My body is betraying me but that's what happens with aging. All those years and fairly few problems and now they just seem to line up one after the other and just come on down the pipe.

Old runners. You see the young guys prancing around the track or on the trails and I can remember what that was like. They are figuring out their strength and speed and they can get faster. We're out there for another reason. Habit maybe or perhaps, as I have said in the past, just to get faster than I was last week or last month. It's not much.

No comments: