To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good To Go

Today was my first BIG day since I came back from my calf injury. I ran 55 minutes and 5 seconds this morning up by Forbes Mill. I was Roughly two minutes faster than I was on the same course last week. Jake walked while I ran. I was not the fastest guy on the dam trail. I was blitzed by some stocky runner on my way up saw tall, skinny, blond gal whipping up the trail on my way down the second time. She must have gone up the face of the dam because I expected her to blow by me on way back to the parking lot. I could feel her back there but she never came by.

In the afternoon I drove out to WVC and played at the track with the club running another 3 miles. I felt good to go this morning but by the afternoon my back was bothering me and I was feeling creaky. The good news is that I am going to see Bill Tarr on Thursday to get straightened out.

Interesting dinner with Dimitri. We chatted about training and I came to the realization that the mental part of my training effect seriously lags behind the physical side of things. This means I can be physically ready well before I have convinced my mind that I can do a certain level of workout or race. I guess this is the way I have always been now that I think back on things.

The biggest deal these days is well past the mental side. Physically, running has become very tough. It's as if my body only wants to run every 3rd day or maybe 30-35 minutes 3-4 days a week. I am not sure yet. The last time I faced this was at age 45 when I finally shifted to every other day running. The question on the table is do I keep running every other day or do I accept another change?

Don't know yet.

No comments: