To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, April 19, 2008

High Noon

I dragged myself out of bed today at 7:15 AM (I could have slept longer..MUCH longer). I never got out to run. I went down and had breakfast with my club instead. I finally got out the door just after high noon and ran for about 60 minutes. No HRM today. Just me and the stop watch. This was not a good run. I generally felt like I was wasting my time and body out there. I finally added in 4 x 100 striders to liven things up (20-20-19-18) but still jogged home afterwards feeling very, very tired.

Maybe I am not eating right. Maybe I am just beat up from work stress. Maybe my body has run the table and running just isn't in the cards for me right now. Maybe I am still dealing with that month I took off to heal up the calf strain.

Whatever it is, I am not enjoying the sport much these days.

Negative self talk doesn't help but my body has always told me the truth and right now it says this is way too hard.

No comments: