To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some Progress

Went out in the clear quiet freezer quality cold of the morning and ran an easy 40 minutes. My legs felt better. The nicks and bruises and sore spots were miraculously gone. What was left was a sludge feeling like gunked up oil. I moved slowly and pathetically but somehow got out to the college and back without incident.

At lunch the temps were in the low 50's and there was a nice breeze to cool things down further but I ran a warm up loop of 12 minutes and then set off to run a time trail on the dirt, gravel bayland trail that circles the park. The course is imperfect. yes, measured years back so I know where the quarter mile marks are but still rutted and with a few gentle but insistent rollers along the way.

Nothing exciting but progress.

1:40-3:20-4:50 for 1320.

13 minute easy warm down thrown in to drain off some of the lactic acid (lol). To think I once ran sub 6 pace for 20 miles 32 years ago.

No comments: