To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, May 23, 2009

4:46

I drove over the WVC but Dimitri and Jake told me that the track was closed (again) so we high tailed it over to Prospect. Very quiet track. Think empty. I warmed up with Jake for 23 minutes (having already done 5 minutes at home). Did some quick striders. Once again Dimitri and I agreed to 3:16-17 at the 800 and then whatever.

We went out in 96 which was a tad too fast but what the hey I thought. I kept my trap shut and Dimitri over corrected us down in the second lap so that we came through in 3:17. I came up on his shoulder which is a sign that we can pick it up. Then we went, gradually increasing the effort over the last 400 and came across the line in 4:46. An 89 second last lap.

Warmed down for 7 minutes with a few more striders and called it a day.

Jake faced the truth that he was not ready to run a 7 pace for 1200 meters and defaulted to a 200 meter workout.

Dimitri added in his usual 400 skimming to a 60 flat. Of course, like us all he wants faster.

I want faster because I feel that time is running out for me to do this sort of thing (run sub 6). I can feel the weight of aging but I also think of fast guys in their mid to late 60's and realize that I can shoehorn in more time if I stay the course.

Get under 6:20

Then get under 6:10

Then you'll know.



Anyway, I age graded the run. It's worth a 3:37 as an open runner.

Masters T&F Age-Graded Tables

The Age-Graded Factor in the 1500m for gender/age group M64 is 0.7598

A performance of 4:46 corresponds to an Open (ages 20-30) equivalent of 3:37.30

3:37 is what I would expect to be able to do if I was running a 4:50 mile.

No comments: