To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Drag Ass 60 minutes

I beat the worst of the heat and ran a very slow 60 minutes today. I was out on the road around 7:30 AM. My legs were tired from yesterday.

I stumbled on an article about Frank Condon. He ran a 5:12 mile at age 66! Lives up in Chico, California. He runs 4 days a week. Two days in the park and two days on the track. There may be something for me to learn from him. I am obviously not his ability but just to hit my menial goal of breaking 6 minutes will require luck and skill.

If I ran one day of 100's and one day of my rep workout that would be my two days on the track. The other two could be 45-60 minute easy runs on the road. I might be fresher. As it was, I was drag assing around today.

Tough to break 6 but my real goal is 5:48. It will take a year to get there.

No comments: