To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, June 26, 2010

65 minutes with no problems!

I got over to WVC early this morning and ran an easy 65 minutes. No trouble from the calf. I even ran around campus a bit which meant some short uphills. It was fun to watch the club race the mile on the track won when one of the runners did 5:15. Incredible how slow we have gotten. My fastest for the club mile back in 1982 was 4:41. I would have lapped a guy running 5:15. But then to put it in perspective, I was out kicked down the stretch by Mr. Saturday morning, Ray Russell. My bad because I thought I had the race in hand and had let up slightly. Ray came on me so suddenly and quietly that I could not hope to respond.

The club workout was depleted because of the Corporate Meet which isn't really much of a corporate meet at all any more. It is a cobbled together track meet with some road running to call it corporate is a misnomer. It is Lockheed and an entity called SCVAL which is made up of folks who might have once worked for a corporation. If there are two events that I would put a pistol to the head of it's Holy City and the Corporate Meet.

But they don't do me or anyone else "no" harm and I am not involved with either one so I just move on.

No comments: