To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Van Aaken @ Miller Middle School

I did secret miles at my house running a 5 minute shake down.

I drove over to meet with Jake at Miller track. We ran for 45 minutes before Jake took off to do a few faster loops. So 50 minutes total.

Then we went over to Rainbow Park and met up with Jake's Tuesday morning, cross country summer training group. There were maybe 15 kids total who showed. Jake had them warm up for a mile, do some drills and then head out on the roads for varying distances.

While they were out on the roads, Jake and I took off and drove around the neighborhood making sure that everyone was okay.

So back to me..... :-)

My legs felt good but the pace was very slow. 10-11 minutes a mile when we measured it. We were touring Jake's half mile loop. Probably a good place for time trials now and then. My plan is to keep building minutes and then do a version of Van Aaken but my every other day version 2.0.

File:Joaquin Miller Middle School billboard.jpg

No comments: