To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, June 14, 2010

Things were going too well

I seem to remember back thinking in mid April that things were going to well. I believed I was on the verge of a sub 19 on the Forbes Mill loop. Since late April I have had a cold, an ear infection and now another cold. So here I am a month and half later hacking up phlegm. I actually don't feel that badly. But the persistent "coughing" message is clear. Immune system compromised. Better take it easy. Any plans for sub 19 are on hold for now.

If I look back I believe my one big mistake was not holding back more when my legs felt so good. Since I am not going anywhere, I will just focus on recovery.

Received word that Ron Zarate died in May. He was a great runner back in the days when I first showed up on the racing scene (early to mid 1970's). He was about my height but stocky in the Prefontaine model. I never really knew him but I knew he was fast. Died of cancer at age 58.

No comments: