To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, June 21, 2010

A pause in the comeback

Yesterday, I made it back to 25 minutes of on and off running. Monday is an day off. Time to recover from a grand total of 50 minutes over three days. But at least it is start. Due to the science of Mucinex, I seem to be getting this whole upper respiratory thing under control even though last night before bed, I was slightly clogged and wheezing. Nothing to sneeze at but it's more sound effects than anything because I am having no trouble breathing. But it sounds asthma-like.

Tomorrow I plan to go over to Rainbow Park and run with Jake (if he hasn't bashed himself to smithereens). I will get my first inkling of what it is like to coach high school kids en mass. Actually I will be more of an observer than a participant.

Jake has really done a job on himself. He just can't turn off the I want to run too hard and then not recover machine and at our age that is the death of running as we knew it. I am going to ask him to give me 3 months to get him right. I doubt he'll take me up on it but I believe I could get him to a point where he is faster than he was last year.

But so much for my ego....

Physician heal thyself.

No comments: