To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, June 09, 2011

60 minutes and not a second more

So...

Third day in a row. Legs felt okay. Not great but just okay. I ran for 60 minutes and not a second more.

I ran over to the college to run super loops. The infield of the track was inundated with high school students. Turns out Cupertino High School was doing their graduation rehearsal. They even played Elgar's Pomp and Circumstances march that is the usual fare for this type of event.

Class of 2011. Let's see. 2011-1963 (my graduation). That's a whole lifetime for a 3rd world person. 48 years.

I plodded on envying them their youth but not wanting to trade my life for one of theirs.  Besides how can I explain to them that the guy who almost didn't graduate in our class  (not me) ended up being the wealthiest by our twenty year reunion and that our greatest athlete would be dead of a heart attack by age 39.

Nope. They can't teach you that in high school.

No comments: