To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The day after the day after

It's been {{{a heater}}} for the last two days. Hard to believe just two weeks ago it seemed like winter.

Typical early summer pattern for me. Waking early. Had coffee in the living room. Slowly woke up. I finally got out the door early and ran 65 minutes keeping the pace slow. This is the day after the day after my hard workout. It wasn't that bad (as long as I kept it easy). After I cooled down Danny came over and we went up to see Big Billy. At breakfast we chatted about working out together. I told him about my workouts designed for the 800 meter and how my legs were tired all week. He always has a down to earth perspective.

"It'll take 8 weeks to adjust and then you'll be fine." He pointed out that when we were younger it took about 3 weeks to adjust but now it took twice as long plus he added in two weeks as a safety net.

So I will stay at it and adjust.

http://shocking-news.org/images/news/health/how_to_protect_your_health_on_hot_weather.jpg

No comments: