To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, June 17, 2011

70 minutes on slightly beat up legs

I took Thursday completely off. Well, except to GPS walking trip to measure my block. Guess what? It is almost exactly .25 miles or 440 yards. And to think, I once estimated that it was a good 600 meters.

Anyway, well rested though I was, my legs were still on the beat up side as I ran a very easy 70 minutes. The difference from Wednesday was unequivocal.  I did feel better but I have a way to go.

The work on the DeAnza Track is still not happening. I think school is out so what are they waiting for? One day (soon) I know I will run over there and find that everything is ripped up. That's when I'll know they have started.

It's funny. When I first went to every other day running at age 45 there was a road back to 6-7 day a week running. Now 20 years later that road is closed. I can still run more minutes on the days I run but the intervening days have to be zero.

http://www.ricesigns.com/real_pictures/road_closed_sign_R11-2_large.jpg

No comments: