To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, May 01, 2006

Epiphany (in a low key)

The warmup is here. It was in the 70's today but felt hotter.

I ran my usual double covering 7 miles this morning before work and another 5 miles at lunch. This all must have a purpose (lol) because once again with my HRM in tow, I was the slowest man in theBaylands with all sorts of runners zipping by me at breakneck speeds. I was obstinate about keeping my HR down in the 130's in both runs and you know what that is like if it warm.

So what did I accomplish? More miles and more calories burned. Of course also that weekly ephiphany that I usually don't pay attention to. I don't get faster by the same path other runners normally take. In one year (Zippy's to Zippy's) filled at various times with more miles, threshold runs and intervals I have added 47 seconds to my 5K time. That speak volumes. if I was an investment I would be doing well.

Anyway, food for thought.

No comments: