To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, May 29, 2006

97 minutes

I took off in the morning and ran 97 minutes, my longest run time-wise in years. I felt better as the run progressed. It was Sunny and breezy. Low to mid 60's. I ate an obscenely large bowl of oatmeal with a box of raisens thrown in as a post race meal. 139 pounds post run. Lowest in a while. 134 on my old 5 pounds lighter scale.

Now if I don't pay attention to anyone elses advice or try to fool myself into think "You can do it!" I will take Tuesday off.

And no, I am not going to do the 3 miles of AT plan that I sketched out several days ago. If I took time to think about it, would I have done well running that sort of program when I was at my best? 2-3 mile runs at 5:30-5:40 pace every other day with maybe 15-20 mpw total. The answer lies in the fact that it was mileage that made me whatever runner I was and not all the tempo and speedwork that I could imagine. It may not be big miles anymore but that's the gal that I "brung" to the dance.

No comments: