To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tough Day

Very tough day. The 5 miles in the morning wasn't too bad but the late afternoon aerobic fartlek work was a drag. I felt beat up even though I kept things to a reasonable pace. It might have been the fact that I haven't been sleeping too well or it might be a combo of that and running 3 days (9-6-11) in a row. I last feltgood monday. Took last Friday off, ran Saturday, took Sunday off, ran Monday. Then Tuesday was a drag and Wednesday too.

The rules don't change. Usually if I feel badly in my workouts, I pretty well know that I am slipping back. It's the question I asked last week (was it?).

Would I just be better off sticking with bigger days running and more days off?
The sleep problems are not work related. I am not tossing and turning about that anymore. I think it may be over-training. Even that 5th day of running seems too much. I could make the 5th day very short but then I have to ask why do it.

So quietly I will slip back to 3 big days, one lessor day and give myself more days off. At least for now. I can do 35-40 and deal with higher miles later on.

No comments: