To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Aerobic Fartlek

I ran an easy 5 miles in the morning. It was already comfortable out so I had a pretty good idea of what the afternoon would be like.

In the afternoon it was hovering around 90 degrees when I started my aerobic fartlek workout. Just a new twist to speedwork. I did a 2 mile warmup and ran for about 20 minutes alternating 3 minutes of 85% of max on the HRM and 2 minutes at roughly 75%. I repeated this 4 times.

I followed this with another 2 miles of easy jogging. Then I drank all the water I could get my hands on.

No idea of pace. Just effort and the heat.

Once I am no longer interim VP of HR and don't always have to be someplace in the mornings, I will shift this type of workout to the mornings on hot days. I am ready to let this job go. More than ready to shift to a new role.

Anway: 11 mile day.

No comments: