To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Easy 5 miler


I ran 5 miles his morning. Had no problem staying with the lead pack on the 3 warmup (a small victory). I then another several miles at an easy jog.

Legs felt OK.

Sunday is a rest day. Monday I will do mileage again.

Jake showed up at breakfast hammered from a 7:45 pace 3 miler trial run. I recommended we get a hammer out and tap his legs "all over" for a few minutes to finish the job.

Danny still looks fat. I would say he is carrying around at least 10 pounds of extra lard. I didn't say anything. I didn't want Madelyn all over me with her talons out. That gets tiring. Talkinmg about fat.

Dimitri and I talked vegetarian diets and also Bob Rea's 2-3 mile a day training that still lets him run in the 36-37 minute 10K range in his mid 50's. It seems that he warms up on his exercycle for 15 minutes and then goes out and runs 2-3 miles at 10K tempo pace. He does this about 6 days a week. 15-20 miles a week max.

Long run? Sure, when he races 10K. Otherwise that is it.

I wonder what I would do on that sort of training. Of course I would run tempo every other day maybe 3 days a week.

Monday: 1 mile easy, 2-3 miles tempo
Tuesday: 2-3 miles easy
Wednesday: Same as Monday
Thursday: off
Friday 2-3 miles easy
Saturday: 1 mile easy, 2-3 mile tempo.
Sunday: 2-3 miles easy or switch this with Saturday if racing on Sunday.

Tempo would be about a 7:10-7:20 pace.

Hmmmmm. Something to think about.

No comments: