To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 30, 2010

75% test: 33:36

Wow! Another Saturday of sleeping in and missing the club workout. This is getting to be a real trend. I did make breakfast and caught up with Dimitri who may have a stress fracture. He hasn't run in weeks. He had an MRI last week and will find out the results next week.

I did finally run but waited until after high noon to go out. Blue skies had given way to clouds coming in. I had decided to run my test course at 75-77% of max so I got out fast (based on today's standards). I felt good but even though the weather was cool, I still had to slow somewhat to keep my HR at or under my target. Of course that is the idea. Run fast until you have to slow down.

I got back home in 33:36 which was about a minute and 18 seconds faster than when I last ran the course at 70%. For some reason I think that 70% was better in its class versus this run. but then when I stop to think about it, 78 seconds faster ain't just hay. Afterward I slowed down to a jog and ran the clock to one hour.

Anyway, 33:36 is my 75% target time to beat.

No comments: