To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Test Course: 34:54...HUH!

I ran an easy 15 minutes this morning before joining my club at breakfast. At noontime I went out and ran my test course at 70%. Last time out I did a 37:38 which was a 25 second improvement over the time before that.

This time I cruised 34:54 which shocked me. The conditions were similar to the last two runs. Afterward I thought that maybe I had missed a lap over at the college but in reviewing the run, I realized that I hadn't short sheeted anything. I had just nailed the course. HR in the 148-152 range the whole way.

I am not totally sure why this level of improvement happened. Maybe it was running only 3 days this week or maybe it is because I am distancing myself from reps and sprints. In any case I will continue to run 3-4 days a week with an emphasis on 3 until I finish working.

No comments: