To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 09, 2010

There's nothing further here for a warrior.

I am leaving my job again. It feels normal because that has been a pattern in my work life since forever.

I talked to my boss several weeks back and told her that I couldn't stay unless I had the bandwidth to do the strategic work the company needed versus the tactical work that had become the norm for the last 3 months.

You have to choose, I said.

Do the safe but short sighted thing or do the thing that might save the company.

I didn't envy her. I knew intuitively she would choose the former.

It is so safe to bury yourself in process. In time she'll be looking for her next job.
She made her choice.

So I depart on March 1st. I have been ready to leave since early November.

          There's nothing further here for a 
warrior. We drive bargains. Old men's
work. Young men make wars and the virtues
of war are the virtues of young men;
courage and hope for the future. Then,
old men make the peace. And the vices of
peace are the vices of old men; mistrust
and caution.

          Ah, yes. But then Aurens is a sword with 
two edges. We are equally glad to be rid
of him. Are we not?

No comments: