To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another 75 minutes

Jake and I resumed our Thursday runs at Forbes Mill. As usual he was exhausted from too much running and working on his house. I was fresh legged after two days off. We did a couple of up and backs. I had run before and added on some more running afterward. 75 minutes total. My legs felt OK. I had originally planned to run an AT loop but decided against it. Laziness was the factor. It was just cold and early and not the best conditions.

On the work front. The new CEO is on board. Our 3rd in 3 months. Of course since I am leaving for once I don't care. I have made no attempt to meet with him. He is a blank sheet of paper to me. BLANCO. Very similar to my last few months at Transmeta back in 2002. We had just hired a new CEO and people would keep saying "You ought to meet with him. You know the company better than just about anybody." I came close once but when he canceled due to a scheduling conflict I never tried to reset the meeting.

That's what I am doing here.

Leaving.

In a month (or less) I should be as compelling as oatmeal without raisins.

Then I am going to disengage completely from the world of work for 3 months to see what it feels like. OK, if someone calls and it is interesting, I will talk. But the market is quiet and unless I try (and my plan is not to try) I will be retired.

No comments: