To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haunting

We're all having problems missing Amber. I was home alone today on the computer upstairs in the den. I heard a slight rustle of dog-like footsteps on the landing The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I shivered slightly and went to the doorway and looked out at the landing where Amber usually burrowed up against the wall. Of course she wasn't there but I felt her presence. Maybe just a very vivid memory of her. I don't believe in an afterlife but as a Christian friend told me the other day, "That's where I am fortunate. I believe in an afterlife. In my world you'll see Amber again."

I am willing to settle for her haunting us as some guardian spirit if that is her wish. None of us would mind.


Amber would do this. Lying on the floor with her leg
and paw across my arm.

Golden by The Searcher.

I found this on the following site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bar-art/76183167/in/set-1518578/

No comments: