To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, September 25, 2011

2:07:66

Warmed up with 25 minutes of slow running both around the house and over at Foothill Track. Then did some strides. The usual. 30-50-80. Had my race shoes on. Legs felt light and fluffy.

Dimitri and I agreed that the workout should be 1 x 200 shakeout in 40-45 followed by a 600 with the first 400 at 90 and the last 200 at 40 or under. The primary goal was 2:10. Faster would be good as long as we weren't at race effort.

The 200 turned out to be 42 which felt very controlled and easy.

We then rested a bit and then lined up. I said that I wouldn't look at my stop watch so I just stayed behind Dimitri and ran a relaxed but steady effort. When we came through the 400 he said something about us on being right on pace but by that time we were both accelerating rather sharply. As we came though the 500 I said to Dimitri that I was coming up on his shoulder and we crossed pretty much together.

I looked down at my watch and it read 2:07:66.

Dimitri had 2:08 but my watch wins!

We had run sub 38 for the last 200.  I asked Dimitri if we should do some more. Maybe a 300. He said that he was up for it but thought that I would had already accomplished my goal and that shutting things down would be best. I took his advice but not because I was tired because I wasn't. It was just plain being careful.

Jogged easy for 15 minutes. We were going so slow that a walker passed us. Joggers lapped us. The burden of the older runner.

Maybe 45 minutes altogether. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiNlQhzswzLXggYWG3MD6cpA_6cVH_oC4HDCiFJqHgahEstdJaZq_dNcTD60FqO83NjKbtY8FKl2aFWqgaSE1ykO3q72GIte2QIHVQ-EC4l3dGDZdxHev0Jp4nulcq6yN7tOfInDg/s320/track.jpg

No comments: