To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

70 looping minutes

Danny dropped me an emailed message last night that he couldn't make the Thursday workout but I went over to WVC anyway. Lucky I did because there was Tom back from Wisconsin and raring to go. We ran Valle Vista and then did tennis court and track loops for an hour. I already had 10 minutes in the bag from home so it was another 70 minute run.

Tom runs a slightly faster pace than I usually do (aka jog)  but I felt strong though the whole run. The long hill up Fruitvale to Valley Vista felt pretty much effortless. A good sign. I made some comment about how I would like to race the club 3 miler that follows the same course. I mentioned something about running it in the 21's. Back in 1982 I scorched it in 15:54 with a 4:50 last mile. The plain fact is that I would have to run 20:16 to equal what I did back then. That's based on age grading.

Anyway, we went to breakfast afterward with Tom and Jake.

No comments: