To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Danny and Rich play on the track

Danny and I joined the Wednesday night group. It was the first time for me in a year or more. We were going to do some speed play. For us that was  couple of semi-quick 400's sucking off the younger faster runners who were running 800's. Maybe a ten minute warmup with some striders. Then ran behind Becki and did an 84. As usual the first one was a bit tough as I asked my body to run fast in 90 degree heat. Danny ran an 81. I held back from really working it and cruised.

The second one was smoother still as I hung with Pick while Danny charged ahead. He ran a 75 and I ran a 79. Once again, hard but under control.

As we cooled down while walking around the track, I told Danny I was sure there was another sub 80 in me right then. I felt that good.

"Not tonight," he said and of course he was right.



No comments: