To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, September 17, 2011

5 x 200

Ran an easy 15 minutes this morning around the house and over at the club workout. The goal was to shake out the cobwebs. In the early afternoon I drove up to Foothill to meet Dimitri (aka "D"). Part of the track were out of bounds because the maintenance guys were getting ready for an early evening football game. There was enough room on the front side to do 200's though and that was all we needed.

I warmed up for another 22 minutes and did my usual progressive some strides. D and I conferred and I asked that we run a shake out 200 in around 40. D led and we ran what felt like an easy pace but we nailed the 40 on the dot. Walked back for recovery.

Next two 200's were in 38 and I felts s-T-r-O-n-G!

The next 200 was 37 and change. It felt a might quicker but I just focused on staying close to my pacer.

On the last one we came though the 100 in 17 and  kept the effort going through the turn. I was slightly shocked when I saw 36:8.

We jogged a slow 8 minutes and called it a day.

So....40-38-38-37-36

No comments: