To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Cold in a Minor Key

I have been dealing with a minor cold for the past few days. I have chirstened it a cold but it may well have been an allergy "attack". The only reason for that is that I kept running into folks who had the same problem.

Anyway, I didn't feel that badly except for an overactive nose that alternately kept plugging up and then running like a spigot. I think I am over the worst of it but I always take these things as a warning. So no running until I feel decent.

Yesterday was a really unusual day. I drove over to Santa Cruz and had lunch with a friend of mine from High School and college, Nick Bilardello. I had not seen Nick for 40 years. We were very close friends back in the mid 1960's but then he joined the Peace Corp and I moved to the South Bay and by the time he got back in town, we had lost touch.

It was good to catch up and see each other again. We had both aged but he was still the Nick I knew. A great guy.

We met in a place called 99 Bottles in downtown Santa Cruz. Nick had a plaque on the wall with many others. You earned the plaque if you had tried all the beers (all 99 of them). I could have started my own quest but driving over the hill while slightly wasted wouldn't work out to well so I decided to rethink my strategy on how I get a plaque. There are always great challenges in life. Ha ha!

No comments: