To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Jake's Time Trial

I headed over to WVC early to run another time trial with Jake. He promised he would rest this time around. He ran 6 miles Monday and another six on Tuesday. So he was good to his word. We warmed up with our usual 3 miler and met on the track. Once we got going I decided not to fret and just ignored the elapsed time but glanced now and then at my HR. Jake seemed relaxed and strong and my HR seemed to settle in around 155-160 and just stayed there. At 8 laps I finally glanced at my watch and saw that we were around 15:40. I half expected Jake to pick it up but he stayed on pace for another two laps. With 800 meters to go I could feel him pick it up. My HR went up to 165 on the 11th lap and then leveled out at 170 for the last lap.

We crossed the line in 23:07 so we had run the last mile in 7:27.

We warmed down around campus and then went and had coffee at Burger King (Jake's place of choice).

I came back that evening and ran an easy 3 miles with my club but this may have been a mistake. As good as I felt in the morning, that was how badly I felt in the afternoon. My legs were sore and I felt beat up afterwards. So maybe these pacing runs I do with Jake a great deal tougher on me than I figured.

No comments: