To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, March 26, 2007

Working Into It

As good as I felt Saturday that was how "not good" I felt today. But I went out anyway figuring I could do an hour standing on my head. It took me about a half hour of very slow running to begin to work into it and over time I began to feel decent and extended the run to 80 minutes. I ran 14 laps on the college track in the middle of the session realizing how hard as you age it is to find that seam anymore. Or this is the seam for me. Just being able to run.

There was a fitness class on the track and as I ran clockwise they ran the opposite way. One girl caught my eye (NOT THAT WAY). Young, pretty but fighting the "I am going to gain weight" battle. She was short and wearing an Aniston Team Shirt. I guess Brad Pitt is no longer on that team. She would run and then walk and then run and so on. Most of the others in the class, some thinner, just walked. She chugged along.

I spun by them all running in the outer lanes and giving way. As they ran and walked I noticed that they gradually went from being spread across 4-5 lanes to hugging the inside lane. Cutting the tangent as they wore down. Rain had been forecast for the morning but it held off and I received the benefit of running in the sun. Later in the afternoon a thick rain-like drizzle came in and soaked down the valley.

No comments: