To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Playing Around at WVC

I went to WVC this morning (cool..sunny..gloves) and ran around with the club. Did the 3 mile warmup with Bill Dunn and Art Mitchum and hung near the leaders which meant that my legs felt good. Still, after that I ran around campus covering another 3 miles but I kept it very slow. I kidded overtime with Chris (I am always kidding her about something). Don said I went out of my way to "do" her but actually it was not out of my way at all. She was right on my way to the car.

At breakfast Jake said he would prefer to run a two mile time trial on Wednesday at about a 7:30 pace. Based on his fastest (recent) 3 mile time trial this should be very doable.

I felt very good the day after my Van Aaken workout so I am beginning to get some confidence in my ability to modify my workouts enough to keep my legs from getting trashed. Tomorrow I am going up to the DSE run in GG Park but given that I plan on running Monday (rain or shine) I may opt not to run but just watch and have breakfast afterwards with Bob Bean should he show up. I will make the run/no run decision in the morning.

No comments: