To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

OK But Not As Good As Last Week

The Morning

I drove over to WVC and did the usual 3 mile run with Jake. First we warmed up 3 miles and then ran the workout. It was not as good as last week. Between Jake's secret hard workouts this weekend and heavy duty work (moving and burning brush on his property) on Tuesday he was tired out. I could tell he wasn't up to it. My HR in the first mile was down around 148-150 which is a 70% effort. Normally we jump up to 75% pretty quickly. He made it 2.5 miles but bonked and had to drop out after the 10th lap. I pushed on adding in a couple of laps at 85% of max and finished in 23:09. We then warmed down around campus for about 1.5 miles.

We ran into Sandy Vaurs who was an old girlfriend of Jakes and a team mate of mine way back in the 1970's. She still looks great at age 66.

I am thinking of making this workout a once every other week AT run. I can give Jake a head start of a lap or two and try to catch him while running 85-90% of max.

12K total

The Late Afternoon

I went back out to WVC for the club workout. Walked down to the track with Chris Blue (former cheerleader back in the day). Warmed up while engaging in a mile's worht of trash talking with others on the club. Then ran 6 x 800 with 8 x 100 in the 19-17 second range). My legs felt surprisingly good incomparison to last week when I was practically hobblling after the morning run.

4 miles total.

Went to dinner with Danny. It's been a long (long) time and it was good for the two of us to get out and just chat.

No comments: