To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Exhausted Jake

It was AT day for Jake and once agin I showed up to run 3 miles on the track in the role of designated pacer. We warmed up 3 miles and then lined up for the workout. The deal was the I would lead the first mile. I was already wonering if Jake would be able to handle any pace. He told me during the warmup that he had run 17 miles on Monday and ten miles on Sunday and somewhere around 6 miles with intervals on Saturday.

I had a sneaking feeling that I would run some of this alone.

I took us out slower than last week and Jake later told me he felt like he was jogging. (That is a good thing). Two laps later his legs started to go and on the 8th lap he told he was going to drop for a 400 and then step back in. I kept the effort fairly smooth. My HRM was reading between 75 and 77% but it did spike up to 80% several times but always dropped back.

Jake did drop the 9th lap but then stepped back in as I began my 10th but he was gasping right away unlike last week where he seemed renewed. No renewal this time. He was paying a big price for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. He hung in through.

I must have been off my game slightly because I ran slower at a higher HR. Not big but still there. It was warmer than last week and that can effect things or I may have been feeling my long run this past Monday.

The good news was that there was one of fitness classes on the track and the instructor had her class move over and give us the inside lane and we never asked (after DeAnza I may never ask again). We thanked her afterwards. I figure it was Jake. He is the reason they were so nice. It couldn't have been evil Rich.

Never!!!!

No comments: