To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Two Mile Time Trial

I drove over to WVC this morning to run with Jake. The weather, which had been mild, reverted to COLD. It had to be in the high 30's but at least there was no wind.

We warmed up 3 miles (talking about how the high school kids Jake coached seem to need little or no warmup). We did some easy strides and then ran a two mile trial. Jake's goal was simply to break 15 minutes. I let him set the pace even though I was theoretically the pacer. Jake gets paced best when he the pacer is in the rear. Anyway, we blew through the first mile in in about 7:24 and then ran the second mile in 7:18 for a 14:42. Except for the last lap and half my HR stayed right around 75% of max. A good sign.

I ran a 2 mile easy warm down around the college afterward for a total of 7 miles.

7 miles total.

In the late afternoon I came back to WVC with the club and ran 4 slow miles. My legs felt good.

11 miles total for the day

No comments: