To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday

I woke up at 6:15 AM and realized I was not going back to sleep. I had been thinking (stupid me) that if I slept in I would just go over to the club workout late. As it was, I was there at 7:30 AM just in time to run last during the 3 mile warmup Tom Rostege was right with me.

"We're dog meat. Right". He agreed. Tim: He who had once run under 53 minutes for 10 miles as a master and I who had twice ran under 26 minutes for 5 miles. The group pulled away from us gradually and we both made no attempt to close the gap. At our age it is not about staying up. It is just showing up. Tim still run about 60 miles a week but most of it is at a 10 minute mile pace.

I ended up running another 45 minutes afterwards most of it with Dimitri as we continued our unending conversation about what is the right training to break 5 minutes for a mile at age 50. When we get going the other runners find some other place to hang out. I can't say as I blame them.

I am not sure of my total. Maybe 8 to 8.5 miles.

No comments: