To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blind Man's Bluff

It was drizzling this morning when I ran my car over to WVC to run with Jake. We warmed up about 3 miles and then ran a two mile trial. Jake didn't feel good (again). He had run 3 days back to back to back covering 90 minutes each day. I suggested he NOT look at the time but just run to effort. We were way off the pace of two weeks ago coming through the mile at 7:46. We ended up running 15:32 or about 50 seconds slower than last time.

As we warmed down, Jake said he would fire his coach.

I think as long as Jake continues to thump his legs and body this sort of thing will happen. He really seems to have no control. Well, he does but he, like many of us, chooses not to exercise that control. It's sort of like blind man's bluff or maybe Russian Roulette.

I told him that next week we were going to run under 15 minutes so "Figure out what you'll have to do get ready for that level of effort", I suggested.

Of course who am I to cast stones after a week's worth of mouth sores from my own "secret training".

In the late afternoon I came back to WVC and ran an easy 4 + miles hanging out with the club. Went to dinner with Dimitri.
Close to an 11 mile day moslty to burn calories.

No comments: