To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Friday..Saturday

Friday:

Ran an easy 4 miles. I let it go at that even though I thought about going out again in the afternoon. Enough of this leg bashing.

Enough!


Saturday:

Went over to the club workout. The sky was the color of lead. Expected the rain to come in so the question was could we get in our workout before the skies opened up. Ran the 3-mile plus warm-up, followed by Douglas (2.75 miles) and then a turn around campus. Maybe 7.5 to 8 miles total keeping my HR in the 140’s most of the way. Nothing very fast but my legs felt good so that counts for something. Dave Garcia was in town so Jake, Dave and I sat next to each other at breakfast and bored Dimitri with stories of the good old days when we were fast. Blah...Blah…Blah!

That evening the 4 amigos, John, Dave, Jake and I got together with our wives at the Blue Pheasant. Great evening. Here were 4 runners that trained almost every day together for ten years and ended up being locally ranked runners in NorCal. Obviously none of us are now what we were running-wise but we're all still around and in the game. We all broke 33 minutes for 10K. 3 of us broke 54 minutes for 10 miles (I was the one who didn't). We all ran in the 4:30's or faster for the mile and all broke ten minutes for two miles with John running 9:27 while Jake and I ran in the low 9:40's. We all broke 26 minutes for 5 miles more than once. At least 3 of us won one or more competitve races outright. That was very hard to do back during the running boom.

We certainly were not world class or even national class but we were all local class guys who put running at the center of our lives for well over a decade.

No comments: