To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

SPLAT...CRASH

I told Jake that I was going to pace us to run under 15 minutes for the two mile time trial. After a 3 mile warm-up (during which Jake tripped and went splat) in the cool morning air we went down to the track and once again did the run. Jake sounded bad after about 3 laps and I knew he wasn't going to make it. I just kept going covering the first mile in 7:36 and the second mile in 7:12 (my HR was up in the 80-85% range). I never felt uncomfortable but like Jake, who dropped out, I seem to have fallen off the cliff again. More than likely it was the Van Aaken 500 meter runs. I am just not strong enough to handle those. I was not dragging after today's run though so I warmed down around campus as the wind kicked up. Jake and I agreed to do 100's for the next several weeks and run slowly otherwise. Jake feels he needs more miles and I would like to run more miles but I know that unless I do that every other day I crater.

My plan is not to abandon the 2 mile trial but to do it only twice a month (at most) and try to work it down gradually over time.

John Clary drove down and joined Jake and I for breakfast. It was like old times.

No comments: